Main research topics
- Motivational development and school performance
- Educational trajectories, educational and career decisions
- Professional competencies in the teaching profession and determinants of teaching quality
Thursdays 16:00-17:00 Uhr
Appointment via Mail
- Ph.D., Combined Program in Education and Psychology, University of Michigan, USA, 2008-2013
- Diplom-Psychologist, University of Bonn, Germany, 2001-2006
- Since 04/2019: Professorship for Empirical Educational Research with a focus on educational trajectories and determinants of teaching and school quality at IFS.
- XX/2014-03/2019: Junior Professor for Empirical Educational Research and Educational Psychology, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn
- Research Affiliate, Achievement Research Lab, University of Michigan, USA
- Lauermann, F., Benden, D. K. , & Evers, M. (2020). Motive und Interessen. In: C. Cramer, J. König, M. Rothland, S. Blömeke (Hrsg.), Handbuch Lehrerinnen- und Lehrerbildung. utb.
- Evers, M. & Lauermann, F. (2020). Beratungskonzepte in der Lehrer*innenbildung: Potentiale und Grenzen im Hinblick auf Stress, Ressourcen und Resilienz [Concepts for Counseling in Teacher Education: Potential and Limitations Related to Stress, Ressources, and Resilience]. In H.G. Holtappels, K. Lossen, A. Edele, F. Lauermann, N. McElvany (Eds.). Jahrbuch der Schulentwicklung Band 21. Beltz Juventa.
- Lauermann, F., Meißner, A. & Steinmayr, R. (2020). Relative importance of intelligence and ability self-concept in predicting test performance and school grades in the math and language arts domains. Journal of Educational Psychology, 112(2), 364–383. doi: 10.1037/edu0000377
- Gaspard, H., Lauermann, F., Rose, N., Eccles, J. & Wigfield, A. (2020). Cross-domain trajectories of students’ ability self-concepts and intrinsic values in math and language arts. Child Development, 91(5), 1800-1818. doi: 10.1111/cdev.13343
- Lazarides, R., & Lauermann, F. (2019). Gendered paths into STEM-related and language-related careers: Girls’ and boys’ motivational beliefs and career plans in math and language arts. Frontiers in Psychology, 10(1243). doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.01243
- Evers, M., & Lauermann, F. (2019). Ein Mentoring-Ansatz für empirische Projekte im Lehramtsstudium. Möglichkeiten zur Unterstützung bei der Durchführung von empirischen Studien in Praxisphasen des Studiums. In M. Degeling, N. Franken, S.
- Freund, S. Greiten, D. Neuhaus & J. Schellenbach-Zell (Eds.), Herausforderung Kohärenz: Praxisphasen in der universitären Lehrerbildung. Bildungswissenschaftliche und fachdidaktische Perspektiven (pp. 366-381). Bad Heilbrunn: Verlag Julius Klinkhardt.
- Kumar, R., & Lauermann, F. (2018). Cultural Beliefs and Instructional Intentions: Do Experiences in Teacher Education Institutions Matter? American Educational Research Journal, 55(3), 419-452. doi: 10.3102/0002831217738508
- Lauermann, F., Tsai, Y.-M., & Eccles, J. S. (2017). Math-related career aspirations and choices within Eccles et al. expectancy-value theory of achievement-related behaviors. Developmental Psychology. DOI: 10.1037/dev0000367
- Praetorius, A.-K., Lauermann, F., Klassen, R.M., Dickhäuser, O., Janke, S., & Dresel, M. (2017). Analyzing the longitudinal relations between aspects of teacher motivation and teaching quality. Teaching and Teacher Education, 65, 241-254. DOI: 10.1016/j.tate.2017.03.023
- 2018-2021: Associate Editor, Learning and Instruction
- 2017-2020: Elected Coordinator for EARLI SIG-08 "Motivation and Emotion," European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI)
- 12.-16. August 2019, August: National Scientific Committee Member, EARLI 2019 Conference, Aachen, Germany
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The most convenient highway exits are on the B 1/A 40 (Dortmund-Barop) (closer to the North Campus) and on the A45 (Dortmund-Eichlinghofen). The university is signposted at both exits. In the local road network you will find signs to Campus Nord, where the Campus Treff is also located. From Emil-Figge-Strasse, entrance no. 18 and from Vogelspothsweg entrance no. 23 lead to parking spaces near the venue.
From Dortmund main station, take the S-Bahn "S1" in the direction of Solingen on track 7 to the stop "Dortmund-Universität" (price level A). The S-Bahn runs every 15 minutes during peak hours on weekdays and takes about 6 minutes. From Düsseldorf, the S-Bahn runs every 30 minutes. Directly at the S-Bahn station you will find the CDI building, which houses the Center for Research on Education and School Development.
One of the university's landmarks is the H-Bahn, which has two terminuses on the North Campus. One is located directly above the S-Bahn station and is easily accessible from it by elevators. The other is located in the center of Campus North at the bridge between the University Library and the Mensa, right next to the Audimax. The H-Bahn runs from here to the South Campus and the Eichlinghofen district.
Dortmund has an airport connected with some destinations in Central Europe. There are regular flights, for example, to Amsterdam, Berlin, Dresden, Katowice, Krakow, Leipzig-Halle, London, Munich, Nuremberg, Paris, Poznan, Stuttgart, Vienna and Zurich. For the approximately 20 kilometers from the Dortmund airport to the campus, you can take the bus to the main train station and from there the S-Bahn. Faster is usually the use of a cab. Far more international flight connections are offered by the Rhine-Ruhr Airport in Düsseldorf, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university station.