- 2008: Master Education, WWU Münster
- 2013: PhD, Research school EduCap (TU Dortmund/Bielefeld University)
- 2017: Habilitation TU Dortmund
- Currently working in project OCCAM and ASIP
- Since 11/2008: Researcher at IFS
- Steinmann, I., Strietholt, R., & Braeken, J. (2021). A Constrained Factor Mixture Analysis Model for Consistent and Inconsistent Respondents to Mixed-Worded Scales. In: Psychological Methods. doi:10.1007/s11092-020-09346-4
- Strietholt, R., Hogrebe, N., & Zachrisson, H. D. (2020). Do increases in national-level preschool enrollment increase student achievement? Evidence from international assessments. International Journal of Educational Development, 79. doi:10.1016/j.ijedudev.2020.102287
- Strello, A., Strietholt, R., Steinmann, I., & Siepmann, C. (2021). Early tracking and different types of inequalities in achievement: difference-in-differences evidence from 20 years of large-scale assessments. Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability. doi:10.1007/s11092-020-09346-4
- Johansson, S. & Strietholt, R. (2019). Globalized Achieved Curricula? A Longitudinal and Cross-country Analysis of Convergence in Mathematics -
- Strietholt, R., & Rosén, M. (2016). Linking Large-Scale Reading Assessments: Measuring International Trends Over 40 Years. In: Measurement: Interdiscipli- nary Research and Perspectives, 14(1), 1-26. doi:10.1080/15366367.2015. 1112711
- Gladishyna, O., Strietholt, R., Steinmann, I. (2019). Nerds or Polymaths? Performance Profiles at the End of Primary Education. Presentation at the IEA-IRC in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Steinmann, I., Strietholt, R., & Rosén, M. (2019). International Reading Gaps between Boys and Girls from 1970-2011. Presentation at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting, Toronto.
- Yang-Hansen, K., & Strietholt, R. (2017). Gauging the Measurement Property of Opportunity to Learn in TIMSS and PISA. Presentation at the IEA- IRC in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Strietholt, R., & Scherer, R. (2016). The unique contribution of international large-scale assessments to educational research: Combining individual and institutional data sources. Presentation at the 60th Anniversary of the Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Strietholt, R. (2016). Studying Educational Inequalities from an International Perspective. Symposium at the AERA in Washington, USA.
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The most convenient highway exits are on the B 1/A 40 (Dortmund-Barop) (closer to the North Campus) and on the A45 (Dortmund-Eichlinghofen). The university is signposted at both exits. In the local road network you will find signs to Campus Nord, where the Campus Treff is also located. From Emil-Figge-Strasse, entrance no. 18 and from Vogelspothsweg entrance no. 23 lead to parking spaces near the venue.
From Dortmund main station, take the S-Bahn "S1" in the direction of Solingen on track 7 to the stop "Dortmund-Universität" (price level A). The S-Bahn runs every 15 minutes during peak hours on weekdays and takes about 6 minutes. From Düsseldorf, the S-Bahn runs every 30 minutes. Directly at the S-Bahn station you will find the CDI building, which houses the Center for Research on Education and School Development.
One of the university's landmarks is the H-Bahn, which has two terminuses on the North Campus. One is located directly above the S-Bahn station and is easily accessible from it by elevators. The other is located in the center of Campus North at the bridge between the University Library and the Mensa, right next to the Audimax. The H-Bahn runs from here to the South Campus and the Eichlinghofen district.
Dortmund has an airport connected with some destinations in Central Europe. There are regular flights, for example, to Amsterdam, Berlin, Dresden, Katowice, Krakow, Leipzig-Halle, London, Munich, Nuremberg, Paris, Poznan, Stuttgart, Vienna and Zurich. For the approximately 20 kilometers from the Dortmund airport to the campus, you can take the bus to the main train station and from there the S-Bahn. Faster is usually the use of a cab. Far more international flight connections are offered by the Rhine-Ruhr Airport in Düsseldorf, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university station.