Main research topics
- Quantity and Quality of Parental Involvement in Schooling
- Parental Homework Supervision
- Family–School Partnerships
- Self-Determination Theory
- Digitalisation in Education
- 2012: Ph.D. in Psychology, Bielefeld University
- 2012: Completed Doctoral Study Programme of the Research School „Education & Capabilities“, Bielefeld University & TU Dortmund University
- 2005: M.Ed. in Educational Research, Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
- 2003: B.Ed. in Secondary Education (Biology & General Sciences), Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
- Currently working in project “NEPS – Stage 4: From lower to upper secondary school”
- Since 07/2021: Research associate (Postdoc) in team McElvany at the IFS
- 04/2019–10/2019: Postdoctoral scholarship holder, FernUniversität in Hagen
- 04/2015–04/2019: Research associate (Postdoc) at the Department of Educational Psychology (Prof. Dr. Kathrin Jonkmann), FernUniversität in Hagen
- 04/2013–03/2015: Research associate (Postdoc) at the Division of Educational Psychology (Prof. Dr. Elke Wild), Bielefeld University
- 12/2008–06/2012: Doctoral scholarship holder at the Research School “Education & Capabilities”, Bielefeld University
National Educational Panel Study (NEPS), project duration: since 01.01.2009
- Digital school – The federal indicator 2021, project duration: 01.05.2021 – 30.04.2022
- BiLieF “Bielefelder Längsschnittstudie zum Lernen in inklusiven und exklusiven Förderarrangements” (BMBF), Bielefeld University
- prisma-Study “Parental Involvment in School and at Home during Childhood and Adolescence” (Lehrstuhlmittel), LG Bildungspsychologie, FernUniversität in Hagen
- Yotyodying, S., Dettmers, S., & Jonkmann, K. (2023). Teachers’ prosociality and well- being at work: The mediating role of family–school partnerships. Social Psychology of Education. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11218-023-09873-0
- Lorenz, R., Yotyodying, S., Eickelmann, B. & Endberg, M., (Hrsg.) (2022). Schule digital – Länderindikator 2021. Lehren und
Lernen mit digitalen Medien in der Sekundarstufe I in Deutschland im Bundesländervergleich und im Trend seit 2017. Waxmann. www.waxmann.com/buch4544
- Yotyodying, S., Dettmers, S., Jonkmann, K., & Erdal, K. (2021). Educational usage of Facebook and academic achievement in distance university students: Mediated by basic needs satisfaction. Education and Information Technologies. doi.org/10.1007/s10639-021-10804-9
- Yotyodying, S., Wild, E., & Schwinger, M. (2021). The detrimental role of punitive parenting in psychological well-being of children with learning disabilities: A longitudinal study. Educational Psychology, 41(8), 1040–1060. doi.org/10.1080/01443410.2020.1863918
- Yotyodying, S., Dettmers, S., & Jonkmann, K. (2020). Quality features of family–school partnerships in German schools: Measurement and associations with parent–child communication about school. Children and Youth Services Review, 115, 105087. doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105078
- Yotyodying, S., Wu, Yi-Jhen, & McElvany, N. (April, 2024). Predicting students’ ICT literacy during secondary school: The long-term roles of teacher and family factors. Paper presented at the 2024 American Educational Research Association Conference (AERA), Philadelphia (USA). (Symposium Organizer)
- Yotyodying, S., Grecu, A., Neuhaus, S., & McElvany, N. (2023, September). Self-Esteem and Parental Involvement as Predictors for Multiple Aspects of Life Satisfaction between Grade 12 and Three Years Later in the First National Lockdown. Paper presented at Jahrestagung der Arbeitsgruppe für Empirische Pädagogische Forschung (AEPF), Potsdam, Germany.
- Yotyodying, S., Grecu, A., & McElvany, N. (2022, Dezember). Does parental involvement before the pandemic help to cope with mental health during the first national lockdown? Mediating role of student competences. Paper presented at the 7th NEPS International Conference, online.
- Yotyodying, S., & Lorenz, R. (2022, September). Linking school ICT equipment and teacher ICT self-efficacy to digitally supported teaching organization and achievement evaluation in German schools during the pandemic. Paper presented at the ECER Plus 2022, online.
- Yotyodying, S., & Lorenz, R. (2022, März). Predictors of fostering students’ ICT skills and teachers’ organization of learning and teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic: A representative study of secondary school teachers in Germany. Paper presented at the GEBF Conference 2022, online.